24 April 2007

Home, dremels, and beating up rats.

No photos this post, sorry!

We're back from 16 days of travel. We had a wonderful visit to Toronto and New Hampshire. 3 days of fabulous weather. The rest had weather that was, um, spectacularly cold, wet, and snowy. Hook that with the colds we've been fighting, and the trip was an interesting mix of utterly fabulous visits with people with utterly hideous weather and respiratory tracts.

The ride home was fueled by Iain's impressive adrenaline glands: he woke at 3am NH time when we moved him to the car seat, and he didn't close his eyes until 12 hours later, after we touched down at SFO (but before arriving at the gate). Amazing, that boy.

Iain met his first Ramones CD this morning. I knew he was in love when i heard (while nursing Ria in another room), "Beat off the rats, beat off the rats, beat off the rats with a baseball bat...oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah....what can you do-oo, what can you do-oo" I like his version of the lyrics better! he's figured it out, though, and sings it properly now. shame.

Ria is fighting her 2nd tooth. Its been a very cranky day today, indeed. I think William covered my sentiments with a YIM today, when he said: "makes you want to take a dremel and get rid of the little bit of gum tissue that's left". *sigh*. Bring on the dremel. I've had one too many piercing screams today.

I'd put up some pictures, but i'm spitting in the face of my jet lag right now, endangering my night's sleep by going to bed on Pacific time. Hopefully Iain won't wake at 4am like he did today....wish us luck tonight!

1 comment:

David Brake said...

You mean the Ramones song isn't about beating off the rats? Sounds like classic punk lyrics to me. Sorry to hear about the teething trouble. I will not tell Delphine about Iain's reaction to flying - she's already far too frightened about what Adrien might do when we fly to Toronto. Looking forward to seeing y'all in a month or so!